Raising a pet is no less demanding a responsibility than raising a baby. Every pet requires proper care from their owners. And, with that responsibility, along come all the necessary concerns about pet health, hygiene, etc. Therefore, the importance of proper pet grooming cannot be denied. However, one of the major grooming practices which many owners fail to take care of is the dental care of their pets. Whether it is a cat or dog, proper maintenance of dental hygiene is an absolute necessity. Take the help of a home visit vet for this job and be assured of a great start to your furry friend’s dental care.
How Do You Keep Your Pets’ Dental Health in Check?
Dental care for pets can easily be achieved right in their home. In fact, proper dental care should be practised since the pet’s early life, so it gets used to it. And who knows, some may even come to love it! The best method to establish proper dental grooming for pets is daily brushing of its teeth. Several pets suffer from gum problems, toothache and other dental ailments due to improper dental grooming. Therefore, every owner should be extra careful about their animal friends’ dental health. First thing first, don’t hesitate to take the help of a pro. Hit the search button on the internet and type “vets near me.” Veterinary doctors are the best people to tell you what type of dental care is appropriate for your furry friend.
Dental Check of Cats
The teeth of your beautiful cat friend should be brushed regularly to avoid several dental diseases which damage their gum health and causes their teeth to decay and eventually, fall off. Therefore, brushing your cat’s teeth is a crucial and necessary habit for maintaining their dental health. Wondering how to do it?
- To start off, you should be extra careful about brushing your cat’s teeth. First allow your cat to lick a little amount of dentifrice. Then, with a tiny feline toothbrush, begin brushing its teeth. Remember to be as gentle as possible.
- Avoid using human toothpaste on your cat’s teeth and use any seafood or poultry flavoured dentifrice for brushing its teeth and you’re good to go!
- Then, use an anti-plaque antiseptic such as Chlorhexidine to bind the feline’s oral tissues together and its protection and you’re done!
Follow these steps frequently to ensure better dental health for your feline friends. There are several practising mobile vets as well who can help you understand the importance of these methods in further detail.
Dental Check of Dogs
For the protection of teeth of your loyal dog friends, you must be extra careful about their dental hygiene. Since dogs are very social animals, their dental health should be of particular concern for their owners.
- Dogs love to chew several food items such as bones, meat, biscuits, bread, etc. and that’s why their teeth must be brushed regularly to avoid bacterial gum problems. To begin brushing your pet dog’s teeth, you must be careful about the toothbrush and toothpaste you’re about to use.
- It is preferable to use an angled toothbrush for brushing your dog’s teeth. They are designed specifically for reaching the several curved edges and corners of a dog’s mouth.
- Likewise, the paste which is to be used shall be dog-friendly. Human toothpaste should be avoided since they contain detergents and abrasives, which are harmful to dogs’ health.
- The owner shall also be patient with the process and if the dog isn’t willing to get its teeth brushed, it may be because of some painful areas inside its mouth. In such cases, it is advised to look up some examples of vets near me since veterinary care may be necessary.
- After brushing its teeth, an anti-plaque antiseptic, such as Chlorhexidine is also advised as it helps in binding the mouth tissues of dogs and also protects the gum from bacterial diseases.
That’s how you keep your pooches and kitties healthy and fresh. Remember to practice these grooming methods on your pets to ensure better dental health for your pet cats and dogs. Furthermore, if you feel you need some extra assistance, then there are various veterinary clinics which offer home visit vet programmes to check the health of your pets, including examination of their dental health. Thus you can establish proper dental care at home for your furry friends.